Finite element modelling of the tribological behaviour of DLC-coating materials and tribofilms (P13).
The aim is to analyze, using the FE simulations, the tribological behaviour where DLC-coating materials are involved. Thereby it will be studied how the thickness and the mechanical properties of DLC coating affect on the friction force. Moreover FE simulations will be used to determine the mechanical behaviour of the ZDDP tribofilms that usually are presented on this kind of contact.
- PhD by University of Mondragon, Mondragón, Spain (2012).
- Doctoral thesis: “Theoretical, experimental and numerical analysis of mechanical and contact behaviours of a thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer used as cover rope in lift industry”.
- Supervisor: Dr. Wilson Tato
- Distinction: Cum Laude (awarded the highest grade)
- MSc. in Mechanical Behaviour and Materials, Faculty of Engineering, University of Mondragon, Mondragón, Spain (2010).
- BSc. and MSc. in Physics (Solid State Physics), Faculty of Science and Technology, University of the Basque Country, Leioa-Bilbao, Spain (2006).
PUBLICATIONS & CONFERENCES
- Luis Bartolomé, Jon Aurrekoetxea, Mikel A Urchegui, and Wilson Tato. The inﬂuences of deformation state and experimental conditions on inelastic behaviour of an extruded thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer. Materials & Design, 49:974-980 (2013).
- Luis Bartolomé, Andrea Aginagalde, Antonio B Martínez, Mikel A Urchegui, and Wilson Tato. Experimental characterization and modelling of large-strain visco-elastic behaviour of a thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer. Rubber Chemistry and Technology, 86:146-164 (2013).
- Experimental and numerical analysis of indentation on a thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer under cyclic loading. 8th European Conference on constitutive Models of Rubber (ECCMR), San Sebastián-Donosti (Spain), June 2013.Oral presentation.
- Initial steps in the definition of thermoplastic polyurethane elastomers/cast iron contact model by finite element method. 3rd Symposium on the Mechanics of Slender Structures (MoSS). San Sebastián-Donosti (Spain), July 2010. Oral presentation.
- Analysis of the friction between TPU and cast iron in sheave-rope system. 11th National Congress of Materials. Zaragoza (Spain), June 2010.
Laboratory for Tribology and Surface Nanotechnology (TINT)
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
For more information contact Luis: email@example.com
Advisor: Prof. Mitjan Kalin